Monday, December 28, 2009

Hatyai Trip part III


Glow in the dark ice cream.


People who know me are probably fed up listening to these words but I'm gonna say it anyways, "good food are harmful to our health but are good for our soul" I call it "salvation". LOL. One of the main attraction in Hatyai is the food! These are some of the food I tried or noticed over there,
Coconut, unlike what we have here, this one is damn sweet and refreshing after a long shopping. Cost: 25 baht


Forgot what it's called, you can find it in Lee Garden first floor. Worth a try. Cost: 15 baht each!


Piglet...


Lok Lok the Thai style...


If you don't mind the dust, the sausages will make you salivate. At least I did!


Barbeque squid, it's available in Malaysia too but somehow it smells better there.


You may think it's eggs but it's not. Just the shell but inside is potato. Based on the presentation alone is worth something. But you must catch him cause he roams around the city.


Pork burger in Mc Donald, two tumbs down. I tried it for the sake of memory.


And I highly recommend these if you're in serious need of protein...
No. 1: Fried larva


No.2: Fried water scorpion


No.3: Fried crickets


Apart from food, I noticed that the Thai government did not really restrict the cultural growth in the city. Throughout the tourist attraction area, we could see loads on pirated products on sale. The clothes are damn cheap. This is the amount of money you need for a shirt...


Some are even cheaper...Cost: 50 baht or RM5 or approximately less than $2.


Some of us bought undergarment even it's too small/unsuitable for her...


The shops are lined next to each other, so it's time for a real bargain and heaven for girls....


Somehow, everything seem very nice and convenient there. There people are friendlier. There is a significant pool of culture which makes us believe it has existed for many many years. Even old Mc Donald is more courteous there....


Even thailand is not a petroleum producing country for merely 10 baht, this "taxi" will bring us wherever we wanna go. It costs RM2 for a ride in Penang buses. I went to KL last week, the taxi charged us RM30 to travel from Pudu to Cheras.  Malaysia boleh.


It's for sale, but if you find it cute...you may stand and watch for hours. Free puppet show...


Money transfer is available in shopping mall. There's even seat for the customer. I feel ashamed of Malaysian shopping mall.


Sometimes, I find that they over did their facilities...this is found inside the male toilet. Or perhaps men in Hatyai need it...lol


Shrines are available at almost every corner of the street. And every shrine is brightly lighted up at night. They really love their god.

Pictures of their kings are erected at everywhere our eyes can reach. They are idolizing their king like god. Or is their king already god like?

Their handicraft are ever available for us to witness. It's like showing off their skills...
Crafting crystal glass...


Shoe design...cheap version...


They're even capable of massively turning man into wo-man.


There is a "Floating market" in Hatyai, don't get tempted, we'll never get to ride boats but rather buy from the boats at the sidewalk. For me, that's good enough...




The coconut water cost 20 baht and comes with a clay cup (vase).  

Somehow this lady (with yellow scarf) can't seem stop smiling to me. I took 10 shots with her and she's still smiling to me....


Right before we came home, we were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of their parade right outside our hotel.... Oh when the saints come marching in....


So we snap photos and of coarse the idiot who came into our photo knowing we're posing are Malaysians. Again, Malaysia Boleh...


Children in cute dresses...


My friends grabbing sweets from the kids....bastards...


Santa or Grinch? lol


Overall, it's a superb trip given the cost involved. The city efficiently bled my wallet dry before letting me home...sob sob...it has grown into a tourist trap where everything worked out to lure more and more visitors. At least the people there kept their mind that way. I don't see Penangites mentality ever developing close to Hatyai in another millennium. The only strategy we're using here is, there's tourist, raise the price. It's kinda sad.

Many of my friends and colleagues kept on asking me the same question "did you watch tiger show?" "NO" I replied and they threw me a disapproving look. Even my father said this "why the hell you went to Hatyai if you didn't watch the bloody tiger show?" And my mom laughed.... sweat. Really really sweat...









8 comments:

j_yenn said...

Fried crickets!! YUMMY!! :P Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Hui Yi said...

A very very long post. Almost summarise the whole tirp into a blog. Good post

Wong How Jun said...

Haha...if you ever go to Thailand. Try it

Jacqueline said...

Hahaha! No way for me to try those high protein fried stuff... I rather drink more milk for protein... LOL!

I love the thai coconut too! I got it for 20baht in Bangkok. There's a nice 'thai orange juice' too! The oranges have green skin and orange flesh. U should try it next time.

*Cheers*

Wong How Jun said...

Haha...U got it even cheaper than me. Man I miss the foot massage.

kenwooi said...

thailand.. the last time i was there was in 1997.. so long ago.. haha..
hope to be there again one day.. =)

kenwooi.com

Jacqueline said...

There's always another trip... =p

Wong How Jun said...

Why don't we all go together again next time? It's not really expensive. Can group around my house in Penang 1st.