Monday, February 1, 2010

Hornet Control Under The Bodhi Tree

For those who called or sms me would probably wonder what I was doing just now hanging up your call so hastily. Well, this is what I did, or rather, we did, hornet control under the bodhi tree....
For those who don't know, Buddha reached enlightenment under a bodhi tree (also known as Bo). So this species of tree (Ficus religiosa) is well respected by the buddhist community. In fact, you can expect one of this tree planted at every buddhist temple. Maybe the monks wish to end their journey in this world like Buddha. Anyways, it's about the hornet control. This job was done in a Buddhist temple. In fact, it's the biggest buddhist temple in Penang i.e. Penang Buddhist Association. 
We were well aware that under the roof of Buddha teaching "thou shall not kill" but hey, we're not gonna risk devoters getting stung comes wesak day! So I guess some one has to do the dirty job. Well, it's not me! But it's my operators who did it...and they're muslim...

Everyone meet Tajuddin and Kamaruzamman (remember my old header? The sunset photo? It's Kama's work...nice right?) Most of the time, Kama will prepare the prop and Tajuddin will do the climbing. They're damn good at this.
We did not forget the protective layers of coarse. It's hornet we're talking about. 
Burning is one of the fastest and economical way of coarse. 
This is how it looks like inside the Hive. The comb where all the larva is kept. If you have not seen a hornet before, don't ask me what is it. The picture is below. 
My boss didn't really let the action dies without his participation. Haha, everyone was very agitated to be involved. Why huh? All I can say is, this is the most beautiful hornet control that I've been. Mind you, I have been to many. The job was done under a well decorated tree. I think I paid more attention in capturing photographs rather than catching bees. Lol

There as no cloud, so we could see all the stars in the sky. See orion in the photo? Don't bother to try photographing with your compact camera. Hehe.....

Working under a glittering sky with the shade of a colorfully lit canopy, what else can we ask for? 

The group of sinners...

3 comments:

The Fleece Master said...

u ve a cool job bro. I thought you specialty is in termite? =)

Hui Yi said...

Oh, dangerous job. Becareful when you go out for work. Anyway, the hornet is pity..

xiaopei said...

I like the first pict ^^

Xiaopei