Sunday, December 6, 2009

SImple Meal From The Night Market



Totally out of idea what to have for dinner tonight, so I put on my alligator sandals and walked out of my house scouting for food. Wondering what an alligator sandals is? You won't get that style anywhere you search, it's not a brand...



The first destination that came to my mind was the Pasar Malam beside my house. It's been there operating every sunday night forever but this is my first time shopping. Actually my house is very near to Kek Lok Si as you can see from the photo...



For those not residing in Malaysia, the Pasar Malam looks extremely beautiful from the top. There are rolls of stalls offering various merchandise and food. You can probably find Nike for 10% of the retail price (you know that I mean)...



So, my first serving is Char Koey Kak (RM 2.50) with duck egg (my  favorite). I have been having this ever since I can remember anything. It's made of carrot cake and bean sprout. The banana leaf came with the packet but since I don't eat banana leaf, I threw it away .My dog went frenzy over the smell.



Cheese cake (RM 2) came next. With that price, I didn't expect much. The sponge cake layer was about 3/4 of the whole piece. I was too lazy to wash an extra plate, so the same plate and fork was used. It's called recycling, Lim Guan Eng will love this. By the way, I stopped asking for plastic bags every time I went for grocery shopping. How about you?



And finally I had Jambu (hokkien) with table salt, for appetizer. Try that, it actually taste a whole lot better!!!



So, that was my dinner for tonight. Simple right?

2 comments:

Hui Yi said...

Simple but a lot. *lol*

How Jun said...

a lot meh? The koey kak very little niawo